798 ( Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You )

798 ( Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/ModernSoundsInC%26WMusic.jpg
I woke this morning with this rather nice song running through my mind, since I neglected to add a Ray Charles song yet and I like this song a lot I am picking it.
This Don Gibson composition, which can be heard here on YouTube, has been covered countless times, but really whenever I think of this song it is always the Ray Charles version that comes to mind; he all but made it his own in my opinion. I love it when artists make songs that mix different and sometimes contrasting musical styles and schools of thought; you usually end up with something completely brand new and beautiful. In this one Ray Charles incorporated Country and Western into his own style to make this legendary song.

Hear I Can't Stop Loving You on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: #426 J.S. Bach - BWV 659 - Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland
My song pick two years ago today: #58 Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)