783 ( Bill Monroe & the Blue Grass Boys - Wayfaring Stranger )

783 ( Bill Monroe & the Blue Grass Boys - Wayfaring Stranger )











I have not added any of Bill Monroe as of yet to my list and have been meaning to for quite some time; this bluesy and soulful Bluegrass tune just seemed perfect for today.
Bluegrass was one of the many musical styles that I was surrounded by growing up, mostly due to having a Grandfather from Kentucky who was a master of all stringed instruments. I can still remember him playing a lot of Bluegrass music, especially that of Bill Monroe.

Here is a recording on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: #411 Billy Squier - In The Dark
My song pick two years ago today: #43 Jethro Tull - Steel Monkey

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn