801 ( Rammstein - Mein Teil )

801 ( Rammstein - Mein Teil )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/ReiseReise.jpg

I was in need of a Halloweenish song for my pick today and I wanted to pick something a little more off the wall as well. I decided I could not go wrong with what is thought to be one of Rammstein's most disturbing tracks; it is sometimes just referred to as "The Cannibal Song." As with a lot of their material, this song is intentionally written with extreme subject matter as to elicit: shock, horror, revulsion, etc... response from the listener, which always seems to work in their favor.
From what I understand it was inspired by an actual event in which one man ate another with his consent. One of the band members had brought in a newspaper with an article about it and Till Lindemann jumped on the opportunity to create another song with extreme subject matter.

Anyway, Have a safe and fun Halloween!

Here is the music video on YouTube. (NSFW)
Here is the Völkerball live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: #429 Rush - Witch Hunt
My song pick two years ago today: #61 Jethro Tull - Witches Promise

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade