1142 Coleman Hawkins - Stardust

1142 Coleman Hawkins - Stardust


Coleman Hawkins, also known as "Hawk" or "Bean," is one of my favourite, if not my favourite, saxophonist(s) of all time. He is essentially to the tenor saxophone what Louis Armstrong is to the coronet/trumpet. While he didn't normally play with as much velocity as saxophonists such as Charlie Parker, each note he played had so much beauty, purpose, and intensity.

Hear a recording of Stardust featuring Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bon Jovi - Someday I'll Be Saturday Night

My song pick two years ago today: Styx - The Grand Illusion

My song pick three years ago today: Neil Young - After The Gold Rush

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade