1145 Puhdys - He John

1145 Puhdys - He John
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs019.radikal.ru%2Fi625%2F1205%2F40%2Fb0f8e2e75851.jpg&f=1
I had a couple of other songs in mind for my pick today, but when I was greeted by Google's main page announcing that tomorrow would have been John Lennon's '70th birthday I immediately had a change of mind. I, of course, figured I should pick a song from the pen of John Lennon, then this ballad to the late musician just popped into my mind.
This track is one of Puhdys bigger hits this side of what was the Iron Curtain. Apparently the members of the band were greatly influenced by Lennon; this song was written in reaction to his death. The lyrics are very personal and written to John Lennon personally as if in a letter; at times with just how personal this song is it almost feels like an intrusion to listen to it, however, it is quite a beautiful song and a shame not to.

Hear He John on YouTube.
Watch a television performance of the song circa '81 on MyVideo.de.
Watch a live performance from a few years ago on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands

My song pick two years ago today: The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind

My song pick three years ago today: The Who - Pinball Wizard

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn