1153 The Steve Miller Band - Living in the U.S.A.

1153 The Steve Miller Band - Living in the U.S.A.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/SailorMiller.jpg

I guess that if I keep ignoring my song blog today I won't have a pick today.
Anyway, I have been hearing this track on the radio and other sources of media for the last couple of days, plus I like a lot of The Steve Miller Band's material; including this song. This was one of their earlier hits, I believe it was from their second album and should be immediately recognizable to most anyone who follows Rock/Classic Rock.
I thought for sure that the harmonica in the song was played by Norton Buffalo, but I guess I was wrong; apparently it was Steve Miller himself who deserves the credit. Norton Buffalo did play on their later Book of Dreams album as well as on live performances. Also, as far as I know Sailor was the last Steve Miller Band album to feature Boz Scaggs.

Hear Living in the U.S.A. on MySpace Video.



My song pick a year ago today: Three Dog Night - Shambala

My song pick two years ago today: Diesel - Sausalito Summernight

My song pick three years ago today: Eric Clapton - Layla

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn