1164 The Guess Who - Hand Me Down World

1164 The Guess Who - Hand Me Down World
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/Share_the_Land_by_The_Guess_Who.jpg

I have no song in mind to pick today. I actually like days like this a lot; I have nothing ready in my mind to say/write about. Well, a bit of The Guess Who's music has been running through my mind and since I haven't chosen a Guess Who track in a while, why not?
This track comes off of their album Share the Land, which was their first one not to feature the guitar work of Randy Bachman; that even goes all the way back to before The Guess Who was known as "Chad Allan & The Reflections." They actually hired two guitarists to replace him; Gregg Leskiw and Kurt Winter. He later returned to the band in 1983, but by then the band was without Burton Cummings and still didn't have that magic for me.
Being a huge Randy Bachman fan I have usually put their music without him on a lower tier in my mind. This track was one of a few from The Guess Who that Randy Bachman did not play on that I still like and even consider it a favourite from the band; actually their Share The Land album contains a handful of tracks that I like.

Hear Hand Me Down World on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Finntroll - Skogens Hämnd

My song pick two years ago today: Bon Jovi - These Days

My song pick three years ago today: Yes - Roundabout

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade