1147 Mason Williams - Classical Gas

1147 Mason Williams - Classical Gas

Recently I was given an old classical guitar which belonged to late grandfather; basically it was just a neck and sound chamber. However, I happened to have a junk acoustic guitar to cannibalize the needed parts from. Some hours of work and a purchase of $7.00 worth of nylon strings and it's a fully playable instrument again. The only thing I really have to do is make a proper nut for the guitar out of some bone and a few adjustments here and there to finish it.
Anyway, ever since I have been playing with the guitar this track has been incessantly running through my mind; it seemed like an excellent pick. Most everybody with access to media has probably heard this beautiful modern classical song at one time or another.

Hear Classical Gas with only guitar on YouTube.
Hear the full orchestral version on YouTube.
Watch a television performance of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alexi Murdoch - Breathe

My song pick two years ago today: Bad Company - Shooting Star

My song pick three years ago today: Ella Fitzgerald - Blue Skies

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn