1165 Miles Davis - So What

1165 Miles Davis - So What

My friend and I were going over some of Miles Davis' music yesterday, of course music from Miles' legendary Kind of Blue album took up most of the time. We were mostly going over his use of modes and improvisation in the album's music; in this song he employs the Dorian mode. What I love about this song in particular is while it's an amazing piece of music to listen to it's quite unobtrusive as well.

Hear So What on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You

My song pick two years ago today: J.S. Bach - BWV 659 - Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland

My song pick three years ago today: Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)