2294 Dream Theater - These Walls

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yxKe7DfjL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Octavarium; Year: 2006; Genre: Progressive Metal
As you can see above I'm trying out using larger images of the album art; thus far I like it and I'll probably keep it up.

Anyway, after my pick yesterday I thought I should pick a song from the actual band. This is one that a friend of mine thought I should listen to; while I don't have the album Octavarium, I have heard some of the songs on it. I don't know if I heard this one in the past, but it was a good time to hear it again if I had.
As part of this concept album's song cycle based on an octave, since this is the third song, it is written in the key of A after the previous song on the album, which was written in the key of G and so on.
Like my friend told me this one has a very good message and has a lot of meaning to those who have a barrier they must overcome to fit into society.

Hear These Walls on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Stick it Out

My song pick two years ago today: Nirvana - About a Girl

My song pick three years ago today: Forest - Gypsy Girl & Rambleaway

My song pick four years ago today: Steely Dan - Caves of Altamira

My song pick five years ago today: Free - All Right Now

My song pick six years ago today: The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn