2304-05 Hawkwind - Neon Skyline/Lost Chronicles

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mwwnw6HiL._SX300_.jpg
From: The Xenon Codex; Year: 1988; Genre: Progressive Rock/Space Rock
I am in a nostalgic mood and need to listen to some Hawkwind; from the 1980s in particular.
I really wanted to pick Lost Chronicles; it is such an amazing and beautiful track, but to pick Lost Chronicles without also picking Neon Skyline would not be proper. The way Dave Brock and company arranged The Xenon Codex album Neon Skyway leads into Lost Chronicles and then about 3/4 of the way through it plays the last part of Neon Skyline. In this way they made a medley with Lost Chronicles acting as a pretty instrumental interlude to the much heavier and punk influenced Neon Skyline. So, I thought it best to just go ahead and made it a double for today.

Hear Neon Skyline on YouTube.
Hear Lost Chronicles on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Louis Armstrong - When the Saints Go Marching In

My song pick two years ago today: John Denver - Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning)

My song pick three years ago today: Del Shannon - Runaway

My song pick four years ago today: Steely Dan - Black Friday

My song pick five years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - I Just Want You

My song pick six years ago today: Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade