2518 Yes - Madrigal

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61HATMc-V1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Tormato; Year: 1978; Genre: Progressive Rock
I've been listening to a lot of Yes for the last little bit and I figured it would be a great idea to pick another of their songs too.
This is a rather pretty track that prominently features keyboardist extraordinaire Rick Wakeman on the harpsichord playing in a Baroqueish style along to Jon Anderson's vocals with very little other accompaniment.

Watch the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rammstein - Vergiss Uns Nicht

My song pick two years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - End of our Rope

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Velvet Green

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Das Alte Leid

My song pick five years ago today: Savatage - The Piper Rap

My song pick six years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Take The Money And Run


Comments

  1. So Yes AND Rush have a song called "Madrigal"? Must be some kind of prog band bylaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it's a style of Renaissance composition it's not a surprise; I believe other bands have done it too; Jethro Tull has one called King Henry's Madrigal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade