2501 Jethro Tull - A Song for Jeffrey

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/616makjVAlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: This Was; Year: 1968; Genre: Blues Rock
The other day I watched a documentary on the band, which was great and way overdue in my opinion; it's been great that a lot of these bands have been doing these "life stories," which has been eye opening even for and ardent fan.
Anyway, this was one of the songs featured from the band's early days and was one of their earlier hits. This song written for Ian Anderson's friend, who would latter join the band: Jeffrey Hammond, is from their first album where they were more of a British blues band than in the progressive/hard rock style they're better known for.

Hear A Song for Jeffrey on YouTube.
Watch the performance from The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus on YouTube. <=Featuring Tony Iommi on guitar.



My song pick a year ago today: Foreigner - Head Games

My song pick two years ago today: Pearl Jam - Alive

My song pick three years ago today: White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65

My song pick four years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

My song pick five years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 29 - Cantata No. 29 - Wir Danken Dir, Gott, Wir Danken Dir

My song pick six years ago today: Tears For Fears - Sowing the Seeds of Love


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)