2590 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1077 - Canone doppio sopr'il soggetto

BWV 1077; Year: 1747; Genre: Baroque Period/Classical
Well, today marks the seventh anniversary of my Song a Day Blog, which I started all the way back on this date in 2007; it's hard to believe that it's now 2014 and that I've been keeping this labour of love going strong seven years later.
Anyway, this is one of J.S. Bach's Canons, and is definitely a pretty little piece of music and a nice representation of late Baroque period music.

Hear all of his Canons, including BWV 1077 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: 2218 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 996 - Suite in E-Minor

My song pick two years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1051 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-Flat

My song pick three years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

My song pick four years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick five years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
 
My song pick six years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5
 
My song pick seven years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn