2218 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 996 - Suite in E-Minor

BWV. 996; Year: 1707~1717; Genre: Baroque Period; classical
Today marks the sixth year anniversary of my blog; as Max would probably say: my blog is old enough to attend first grade.
Anyway, since I'm fresh out of Brandenburg Concertos to pick I had to choose something else from J.S. Bach; I figured this pretty and light piece written for the lute would be a change of pace. I might go on with picking a suite each anniversary, or I might do something else; there is a lot of music to choose from. I believe the maestro wrote around 1200 pieces of music and their still discovering more and more every day. He was an amazing man, musician, and composer; definitely a gift to the World from God Himself.

Hear 1. Praeludio: Passaggio - Presto, 2. Allemande, and 3. Courante on YouTube.
Hear 4. Sarabande, 5. Bourrée, and 6. Gigue on YouTube.




My song pick a year ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1051 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-Flat

My song pick two years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

My song pick three years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick four years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
 
My song pick five years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5
 
My song pick six years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2


Comments

  1. I honestly don't remember ever saying that.

    I'd probably be more apt to say "Your blog is so old if it acted its age it would die."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you never said it; but when your blog was still going you'd compare its age to the developmental milestones. i.e. "Can now walk on it's own" and such.

      Delete
    2. Ah, gotcha. Now that you mention it I do remember saying such things as "before long I'll have to put this thing through college."

      Sigh. I still regret letting most of my articles get lost. There really was no excuse for that to happen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade