2618 Icehouse - Icehouse

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41OZLft8DFL._SL500_SY300_.jpg
From: Icehouse; Year: 1981; Genre: New Wave
For some reason I was in the mood for something new wave; the earlier material from the band Icehouse seemed to fit my mood pretty well, so that's what I went with.
Anyway, as some probably know, this song which was also the namesake of the band's debut album wasn't originally supposed to be the name of the band. They were originally known a Flowers, but after signing their international contract a name change was forced due to another band with the name, so they took the name from the album and the song and the rest is history.
This one's very much an early 1980's new wave track in every way; very a-typical of the time, but still good one unto itself.

Hear Icehouse on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: ABBA - Dum Dum Diddle

My song pick two years ago today: Gilbert and Sullivan - Major-General's Song

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Presto

My song pick four years ago today: Nirvana - Drain You

My song pick five years ago today: Amon Amarth - The Pursuit of Vikings

My song pick six years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Effigy

My song pick seven years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Threshold/Jet Airliner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn