3793. Steeleye Span - Wintersmith

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/815A5CiM4DL._SX522_.jpg
From: Wintersmith; Year: 2013; Genre: Progressive Metal/Folk Metal
Funny enough, today a song from this album popped on my playlist randomly; I knew I had my pick for today considering this is day 2 of my "Winter Theme Week."
As with the rest of the album, this, the title track, is based off of the Discworld series, created by Terry Pratchett, mostly the book of the song and album's namesake.
Wintersmith is one of the heavier songs on the album and is quite unique in that heavy sound compared to what one normally expects from Steeleye Span; but an incredible song nevertheless.

Hear Wintersmith on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Yes - Heart of the Sunrise

My song pick two years ago today: The Grass Roots - Lady Pleasure

My song pick three years ago today: Ohio Players - Jive Turkey

My song pick four years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Weasel Stomping Day

My song pick five years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Take a Pebble

My song pick six years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

My song pick seven years ago today: Supertramp - Just a Normal Day

My song pick eight years ago today: Northern Kings - Hello

My song pick nine years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fallen On Hard Times

My song pick ten years ago today: Mr. Big - Wild World


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In