1566 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

1566 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sm9H6bkbL._AA300_.jpg
From: Tarkus, Year: 1971
Genre: Progressive Rock

I had another song/artist in mind for my pick this morning, however after hearing ELP on the radio this morning, not this song mind you, I decided on this 'magnum opus' from the band.
This selection gives me a bit of freedom for picking since Tarkus is actually a suite consisting of seven tracks and 20 minutes of music: 1. Eruption, 2. Stones of Years, 3. Iconoclast, 4. Mass, 5. Manticore, 6. Battlefield, and 7. Aquatarkus. However, I thought it best to pick the entire suite instead of each track individually to keep continuity.
Tarkus, which is the name of the tank/armadillo hybrid on the album cover, is about the birth, life, and trials of the fictional creature. For me, however, the music and arrangements are the main draw; this one contains all of the musical fun that you would expect from the Prog/Rock monster that is ELP.

Here is the first half on YouTube.
Here is the second half on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Supertramp - Just a Normal Day

My song pick two years ago today: Northern Kings - Hello

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fallen On Hard Times

My song pick four years ago today: Mr. Big - Wild World

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn