3047. The Grass Roots - Lady Pleasure

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71j%2Bx0HckYL._SX522_.jpg
From: Golden Grass; Year: 1968; Genre: Rock
Yesterday while I was out and about I had this song come on. I checked to see if I'd already picked it, and surprisingly I hadn't.
I've always loved this one; it's among my favourites from the band. The time-tested use of minors in the verses and then shifting into majors in the chorus is one of the main hooks to this track.

Hear Lady Pleasure on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Ohio Players - Jive Turkey

My song pick two years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Weasel Stomping Day

My song pick three years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Take a Pebble

My song pick four years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

My song pick five years ago today: Supertramp - Just a Normal Day

My song pick six years ago today: Northern Kings - Hello

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fallen On Hard Times

My song pick eight years ago today: Mr. Big - Wild World


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade