6039. Nena - Engel der Nacht

From: Eisbrecher; Year: 1986; Genre: Neue Deutsche Welle/Rock/Pop
Apparently it has been quite a while since I chose a song from Nena, (both the band and Nena Kerner as a solo artist), and after hearing some of their music the other day I really felt like I should choose one from today's pick.
Even though this album, which was the "swansong" record for the band, was considered a commercial failure, for me, looking back, I still like it a lot; something about their sound from that time in particular I find personally endearing. All of the key ingredients were present for the disc to be great, in my opinion it is, but not their best. This song in particular was written by the songwriting duo Fahrenkrog and Karges, who were also responsible for the band's biggest hits.
Whatever the case, it's still a 1980s classic and definitely should be in the collection of fans of the band.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Frank Zappa - Theme From The 3rd Movement Of Sinister Footwear

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Four Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving

My song pick 7 years ago today: Steeleye Span - The Cruel Mother

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Fifth Dimension - Up, Up and Away

My song pick 9 years ago today: Parliament - Rumpofsteelskin

My song pick 10 years ago today: Mr. Big - Shine

My song pick 11 years ago today: Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues

My song pick 12 years ago today: Genesis - Land of Confusion

My song pick 13 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Stuck in the August Rain

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rammstein - Feuer Frei!

My song pick 15 years ago today: Huey Lewis and the News - Back In Time

My song pick 16 years ago today: Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In