6023. Jerry Reed - My Guitar and My Song

From: Smell The Flowers; Year: 1972; Genre: Country/Blues
I haven't ever had the foggiest as to why exactly I am drawn to artists that straddle multiple contrasting and complimenting genres such as Mr. Jerry Reed, I guess it's that I love hearing things that are truly different and rife with variety.
It seems as if virtuoso pickers like him can play just about anything to most anyone and it is met with enjoyment; it has to have something to do with the fun and positiveness he exuded throughout his art and life. Anyway, this is a schmaltzy existential tale, which may be autobiographical, about a traveling musician scraping by whilst playing and singing his song.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Toronto - What About Love

My song pick 6 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Broadsword

My song pick 7 years ago today: Carmen - Come Back

My song pick 8 years ago today: Van Der Graaf Generator - Still Life

My song pick 9 years ago today: Stryper - To Hell with the Devil

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up

My song pick 11 years ago today: Alestorm - Leviathan

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rush - What You're Doing

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Bright Moments

My song pick 14 years ago today: Maddy Prior - The Fabled Hare

My song pick 15 years ago today: Chuck Berry - Almost Grown

My song pick 16 years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - Right Down The Line
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In