Song 215 (The Who--"Won’t Get Fooled Again")



Happy April Fools' Day! I needed a fitting song to pick today; there were a lot to choose from. I decided to pick this one because I love it and it has a fitting title. I'm sure that some people today will be thinking "I won’t get fooled again" after the first prank is pulled.
I really like the use of the synthesizers in this one to give the song its distinct sound. Every member in this band really makes the song the amazing anthem that it is.
Originally this song was supposed to be part of Pete Townshend’s Lifehouse rock opera that has never come to fruition; although a few attempts have been made. From what I understand the song is about a revolution that changes nothing and the main character hopes that another revolution does not come to fool the people as well; the song has actually been used for many anti-war movements in the past.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is a classic live performance on YouTube.
Here is the Concert for New York City performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade