789 ( Donald MacLeod - Field of Gold )

789 ( Donald MacLeod - Field of Gold )










Sometimes I like to listen to bagpipe music off and on and I figured I should add one of my favorite bagpipe pieces to my list. This piece of music is a Piobaireachd, composed by the master piper Donald MacLeod.
It is difficult to describe this music other than it is the slower, more mournful sounding music that is often heard on the bagpipes; it is beautiful to listen to with all of the different tones overlapping each other.

Here is a performance of the piece by the Simon Frazier University Pipe band on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: #417 John Lennon (The Plastic Ono Band) - Hold On
My song pick two years ago today: #49 John Denver - Looking for Space

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade