911 ( Black 47 - Funky Céilí (Bridie's Song) )

911 ( Black 47 - Funky Céilí (Bridie's Song) )
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Urn1y64YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I found out this band quite a while ago and am finally getting around to adding one of their songs to my list. They have been described as Celtic Rock band, which in my opinion does describe their sound quite well although their music is not only just a mix of Rock and Irish pub music. I love the lyrical narrative they put forth within this song, it is down to Earth and quite humourous at the same time.

Hear Funky Céilí on YouTube.
Here is part of the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Duran Duran - Planet Earth
My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rocks on the Road

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade