959 ( Steeleye Span - Sails of Silver )

959 ( Steeleye Span - Sails of Silver )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Steeleye_Span_-_Sails_of_Silver.jpg

I had a few songs in mind from my pick today, however, a bunch of different Steeleye Span tracks started running through my mind. For some reason their music does in fact feel excellent for today.
This was the title track off of their 1980 album, which has a different sound than their earlier work; it has more of a mainstream Rock sound with less reliance on traditional Folk songs. From what I understand the band was under contract to make this album and was kind of a "comeback" after a short hiatus.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella
My song pick two years ago today: Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade