967 ( Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin Out My Back Door )

967 ( Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin Out My Back Door )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Creedence_Clearwater_Revival_-_Cosmo%27s_Factory.jpg

Today feels like a Creedence day; this is one that I was sure that I have already chosen, but I guess not. Now that I am almost 1000 songs deep into this adventure it is getting more difficult to remember what you have and have not chosen; good thing I keep a "cheat sheet."
Anyway, I have heard this song for most of my life and like most Creedence songs is pretty much listenable to mixed crowds of people. One of that I like about John Fogerty's recent live performances is that he seems to be one of the only classic rockers whose voice has not aged terribly and sounds essentially the same as he did on albums 40 years ago.
This song has been called a drug song by many because of the weird acid trip like imagery and the reference to a "flying spoon." However, a while ago I was looking at a biography of author Dr. Seuss I found out that that "Lookin' Out My Backdoor" was actually inspired by the Dr. Seuss' book "And To Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street," which was his first published children's book. Whatever the case, it is an excellent track.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is a music video on YouTube.
Here is a John Fogerty live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
My song pick two years ago today: The Tornadoes - Telstar

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn