961 ( Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only )

961 ( Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/You_Could_Have_Been_with_Me.jpg

This track has been running through my mind most of the morning; I've always liked this song quite a bit. Oddly enough I was acquainted with the song before I ever watched the James Bond movie it was attached to; in my opinion it really stands on its own without the film it is connected to. My dad loved this song when it first came out and recorded it off the radio on to cassette tape. I've heard it quite a bit back then and over the years since, it seemed to get a lot of radio play back then.
I first made the connection with the Bond Film only after we got our first VHS player my dad rented the movie. From what I understand the group Blondie wrote and recorded a song that was supposed to be the theme to the film, however for some reason it was not used.

Here is a fan video with a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Spring
My song pick two years ago today: Duran Duran - Ordinary World

+

Comments

  1. takes me back does this, what a sexy babe is sheena, and what a voice.

    graham.... nottingham

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade