972 ( The Guess Who - Minstrel Boy )

972 ( The Guess Who - Minstrel Boy )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Canned_Wheat_by_The_Guess_Who.jpg

I had not heard this track in quite a while, so I checked on YouTube and I got lucky. While growing up my dad played The Guess Who's "Canned Wheat" album quite a bit and this was one of the songs that got a lot of play.
I've never been completely sure as to what the story in the song is about with the vague story telling and symbolism. However, with it being written in during the time of the Vietnam War, I have always wondered if there is a connection. Randy Bachman's guitar is interesting in this song; it compliments and adds a lot of angst. One of the more interesting parts of the song is towards the end where they keep raising the pitch every time the lyrics comes around.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Metallica - Nothing Else Matters 
My song pick two years ago today: Steely Day - Rikki Don't Lose That Number

I am doing a bit of an experiment for this week: I am checking the time I begin the post and when I end it. I keep hearing comments from certain people that I have all of the time in the world and that is why I can keep up on my blog; I only wish that was true. I am trying to dispel the myth that it takes a lot of time and effort to keep up one of these song-a-day blogs.
For me personally most of the time in the past it normally takes me 10-25 minutes to make a post. For instance yesterday's post took me about 12 minutes from clicking "New Post" to clicking "Publish Post;" today's post took me 13 minutes and 35 seconds from start to finish.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade