975 ( Richard O'Brien & Richard Hartley (The Rocky Horror Picture Show) - Science Fiction/Double Feature )

975 ( Richard O'Brien & Richard Hartley (The Rocky Horror Picture Show) - Science Fiction/Double Feature )

I first watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was in my mid teenage years, at the time I really was unsure as to what exactly I was watching. I spent most of the movie with one eyebrow perpetually raised with a WTF expression on my face. Fast forward ten or so years in the future I rented the movie; mostly to see the WTF expression on my wife's face. However, after I watched it that time I actually understood what they were getting at. Every time since when I see it playing on the television I have to watch it and usually end up singing along with the songs.
Anyway, this is the opening song on the film in which the disembodied mouth sings; the mouth belonged to Patricia Quinn, but the vocals were performed by the song's lyricist Richard O'Brien, who also played Riff Raff in the film. Subject matter wise this song pays homage to many of the old black and white Science Fiction films.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is the video with the singing mouth from the opening of the film on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Puhdys - Bas Buch
My song pick two years ago today: The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang

Continuing my week long experiment of how long it take to make a blog post:
Total time to post blog: 16 minutes, 17 seconds

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn