1026 John Denver - Calypso

1026 John Denver - Calypso
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/89/Windsong.jpg

I had a few songs in mind for this pick, however I noticed that today would be Jacques Cousteau's 100th birthday; immediately this song kept playing in my mind. I figured I should pick it, plus it is an excellent song for the occasion.
John Denver wrote this song as a paean to Jacques Cousteau and his famous research ship Calypso. It is quite an uplifting track, one of those song that showcases John Denver's immense vocal range.

Here is a video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '77 on YouTube.
Here is an interview with John Denver concerning the conception and writing of the song with a music video at the end on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Idecide
My song pick two years ago today: Soft Cell - Tainted Love

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade