1026 John Denver - Calypso

1026 John Denver - Calypso
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/89/Windsong.jpg

I had a few songs in mind for this pick, however I noticed that today would be Jacques Cousteau's 100th birthday; immediately this song kept playing in my mind. I figured I should pick it, plus it is an excellent song for the occasion.
John Denver wrote this song as a paean to Jacques Cousteau and his famous research ship Calypso. It is quite an uplifting track, one of those song that showcases John Denver's immense vocal range.

Here is a video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '77 on YouTube.
Here is an interview with John Denver concerning the conception and writing of the song with a music video at the end on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Idecide
My song pick two years ago today: Soft Cell - Tainted Love

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off