1144 U2 - Mysterious Ways

1144 U2 - Mysterious Ways
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/Achtung_Baby.png

I felt like listening to some U2 this morning. Whilst out and about yesterday I heard this track on the radio, I figured it would make a nice pick.
Achtung Baby is really their last album that I truly like, not to say that they haven't released anything good since. While they have released quite a few songs that I like since, it's just maybe a few songs off each album that I personally like. Contrast that with say War or The Joshua Tree; those albums are permeated with excellent music and I usually play them through without skipping a track. I really wish many bands would go back to the concept of making records the masterpiece rather than just one or two hit singles and then just fill the rest of it up with ill-conceived filler.

Watch the music video to Mysterious Ways on Youtube.



My song pick a year ago today: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
+
My song pick two years ago today: The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
+
My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Part Of The Machine

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn