1159 Hot Chocolate - Brother Louie

1159 Hot Chocolate - Brother Louie

I've had this song run through my mind off and on for about a week now; I figured it would be a nice addition to my list.
Most would probably better remember the cover of this track by Stories, which can be found here on YouTube. However, I have always been a little fonder of the lesser-known original by Hot Chocolate. While the more famous cover is more palatable for the average listener, I love the more soulful feel and the overall edginess of the original. With the track already being about the trials and tribulations of an interracial couple subject matter wise, the charged spoken sections in the original version are probably one of the main reasons it didn't get as much play or notoriety; an awesome song never the less.

Hear Brother Louie on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rammstein - Frühling in Paris

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - A Small Cigar

My song pick three years ago today: Ian Anderson - Calliandra Shade (The Cappuccino Song)

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn