1166 The Sons of the Pioneers - Cool Water

1166 The Sons of the Pioneers - Cool Water

Off and on this last week this one has been running through my mind. As with most of The Sons of the Pioneers' music this song is in the "Singing Cowboy" style of older Country music; they also feature one of the best five-part vocal harmonies. I have a lot of memories of this song growing up, especially with my Grandfather singing it; he would, however, often change "Water" in the lyrics to "Coors," or "Beer." I believe that he would sometimes do that just to irritate my Grandmother, but it was all in good fun.

Hear Cool Water on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

My song pick two years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Here is the News

My song pick three years ago today: Faith No More - From Out of Nowhere

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade