1223 Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake & Palmer) - I Believe in Father Christmas

1223 Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake & Palmer) - I Believe in Father Christmas
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/BestofELPLP.jpg

Merry Christmas!
I heard this one last night whilst out and about looking at the various Christmas light displays around town and it felt to me like a nice Christmas Eve pick. I really don't know why I haven't chosen this track in one of the previous Christmas seasons since I've been doing this blog; it's one of my favourite Holiday tracks from this last century.
While the song's overall feel is more than a bit jaded concerning the Holiday, for me the song captures many of the emotions that are felt this time of year that are not normally thought of on this otherwise "joyous" occasion.

Watch the music video on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '94 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Louis Armstrong - 'Zat You Santa Clause?

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Christmas Song

My song pick three years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Ghost of Christmas Eve

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn