1200 Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper

1200 Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper

Having a few milestones today concerning my Song a Day Blog: 1. my 1200th pick, 2. my 600th overall pick on Blogger, 3. I'm starting a new month as well.
For anyone who hasn't followed my blog for more than about a couple of years I used to post this blog on MySpace up until my 600th pick, then I moved it to Blogger; I have since imported all my previous posts from MySpace here. From the looks of it the move from MySpace was an excellent idea and timely seeing as the site has essentially given up to Facebook and its future being as uncertain as it is; I'm just glad I'm not having to deal with those irksome software errors wiping out entire posts anymore.
Anyway, my last pick on MySpace was another Dream Theater track: 6:00; figured I should choose another track from that band to mark my 600th pick on Blogger. This is my favourite track from one of their best albums in my opinion.

Hear Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Refugee

My song pick two years ago today: Yes - Your Move/All Good People

My song pick three years ago today: King Harvest - Dancing in the Moonlight

+

Comments

  1. YEAH DREAM THEATER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STICK IT TO THE PROG HATERS AND THE ENGLISH MAJORS AND THE COFFEEHOUSERS!!!

    Love this track. Although I admit I have a slight preference for "Under a Glass Moon."

    Got a kick out of this YT comment:

    "World's most dangerous drinking game...

    Listen to Dream Theater and tap your finger when Mike Portnoy hits the snare. Every time you miss drink a shot. You'll die in 30 minutes."

    Response:

    "Good game sounds like fun. With that advice you'd pretty much solve all the world's problems right? Overpopulation, obesity, plus who ever is left over would probably be an amazing musician and the world would rock at that point. :D"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Under a Glass Moon" is an excellent song, but I like this one a little more mostly due to the subject matter and lyrics. It'll definitely be a future pick for me. It's very much an excellent album.

    *edit*
    Very funny YouTube comment; that certainly rid us of the Prog/Art Rock haters. I could think of a few other Prog drummer that could apply to as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade