1216 Henry Mancini - A Shot in the Dark

1216 Henry Mancini - A Shot in the Dark

Yesterday I learned that legendary film maker Blake Edwards had passed away, a write-up can be found here. One of the film series that he is probably best know for was The Pink Panther among others. I clearly remember the first time I watched one of the films when I was quite young, I was annoyed when I was told we were watching "The Pink Panther," believing it was the popular cartoon that bears the same name, when it was actually the comedic Peter Sellers detective movies about the bumbling Inspector Jacques Clouseau. Probably many children over the years had a similar experience. However, I did eventually come to enjoy the series of films as well.
Anyway, Henry Mancini's music is connected with Blake Edward's movies as he was the composer of many of the soundtracks to the films. A Shot in the Dark was the second in The Pink Panther series and the song I am picking today is, of course, the theme song to that film. It's a wonderful mix of Mancini's brand of Jazz with a touch of Musette to give the song a bit of a Parisian feel.

Hear the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Finntroll - Jaktens Tid

My song pick two years ago today: Band of Horses - St. Augustine

My song pick three years ago today: Dan Fogelberg - Leader of the Band

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)