1214 Jethro Tull - My God

1214 Jethro Tull - My God

I've had this song running through my mind most of last night and this morning, I figured I might as well pick it. This track is one of Ian Anderson's songs about organized religion and man's relationship with God. Actually the entire second side of the Aqualung album contained songs on this theme, which led to some to refer to it as a "concept album."
I have always loved how dynamic this is with them going between Ian's intricate acoustic guitar playing and the raucous sound of the full band.

Hear My God on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '70 with the original lyrics on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Wolfsheim - Once in a Lifetime

My song pick two years ago today: Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home)

My song pick three years ago today: Pet Shop Boys - So Hard

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade