1218 Nightwish - Wishmaster

1218 Nightwish - Wishmaster

Finally, I'm getting around to today's pick. I heard this track at some point during my day; I thought that I might have already chosen it at some point in the past, but it appears I didn't.
This song is the title track to their Wishmaster album circa '00-'01; it is one of the songs where Tuomas Holopainen referenced material from the Dragonlance and The Lord of the Rings series for subject material. I have always loved the music and arrangements in this song, especially Jukka Nevalainen's drumming.

Hear Wishmaster on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '05 on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Violent Femmes - Color Me Once

My song pick two years ago today: The Who - Eminence Front

My song pick three years ago today: John Fogerty - Almost Saturday Night

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off