1297 Vangelis - Blade Runner (End Titles)

1297 Vangelis - Blade Runner (End Titles)


Dies ist Tag zwei of my theme week of picking songs from dormant or dead song a day blogs.
This pick comes from The Heuristics Inc. or Bill's song a day blog; it was pick #251, posted on the 9th of July, 2007; (that would be a couple of months prior to me starting my own song a day blog.) His was one of the ones that took the shape of a "Top 10,000 favourite songs" blog. However, his blog was starting to wind down at the time I was really getting into it, so I never really had a chance to follow it whilst it was going.
Anyway, as I've stated many times on this blog, I'm a huge fan of Phillip K. Dick's novels and the films and music that have been inspired by his work. A few people probably don't know this, but Blade Runner was originally a novel written by Phillip K. Dick except it was titled: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
This part of the soundtrack from the pen of Vangelis is self-evident as to where it can be found in the film. His entire score is quite excellent and complements the presentation of the movie perfectly.

Here is a video with the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Karussell - Wer Die Rose Ehrt

My song pick two years ago today: The Delgados - Accused of Stealing

My song pick three years ago today: Bon Jovi - Always

+

Comments

  1. Bill once made a recording with fellow Songfight member Jim Tyrrell. IIRC, it was an INXS cover. Their collaboration was called...

    (wait for it)

    ...The Tyrrell Corporation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the two word response, was extremely busy and wasn't able to put more down at that time.
    It is truly an awesome name they came up with, thank you for telling me about it; I'll definitely have to check it out later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forum thread for the INXS cover project is here. But the MP3 links are belly up, so I have no clue where you'd get the actual entries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link, it's sad that the mp3 files are no longer there, but that's life ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, yeah! You found it. Did you like it? I recommend this mix instead, actually, because I undermixed the backing vocals in the original. The collaboration isn't just Jim and me, it's also Johnny Cashpoint. And thanks on the band name, that was my idea :)

    Thanks for mentioning my blog... yeah, the lapsing of my song-a-day blog sort of coincides with the leadup to the birth of my son, I sort of ran out of time :) I would like to make more posts to it, so thanks for reminding me!
    -bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it's an awesome track. I really like this recording a lot more; it has kind of a David Bowie meets The Beatles vibe to it. I'll have to check out more of your music in the future.

    I thought it would be an excellent idea to to try to bring some attention to the other Song a Day blogs; there's a lot of good music posted in them that people should be exposed to. I know what you mean about little ones taking time up; since my son was born the only time I get to myself is late in the evening or early in the morning. I think the only reason I'm still able to maintain this blog is because I got a system down that helped me streamline the process.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade