2034 Stuart Hamm - Call of the Wild

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/9a/ee/6890225b9da0afe56b172110.L.jpg
From: Kings of Sleep; Year: 1989; Genre: Hard Rock
Again, I had no song in mind today, but was thinking about the music from bassist extraordinaire Stu Hamm. This is one of the more rousing ones from the Kings of Sleep album; I love Harry Cody's lead guitar playing throughout this one.

Hear Call of the Wild on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Wilson Pickett - Funk Factory

My song pick two years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Life Still Goes On (I'm Lonely)

My song pick three years ago today: Nirvana - In Bloom

My song pick four years ago today: Static X - I'm With Stupid

My song pick five years ago today: Ian Anderson - Eurology


Comments

  1. I always remember Stuart Hamm for playing those Factor basses. I saw and played around with one in a music store around that time, late 80s I think. I totally fell in love with it, but it cost something like $2K IIRC. No way a poor college kid could afford that, so I stuck with my cheap P copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have good sound, but personally I've never been a fan of headless guitars or basses; especially Steinbergers.
      In all honesty in Stuart Hamm's hands any bass would sound awesome in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. King of Sleep was such a great album! Must be somewhere here in my house, in one of those moving boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade