1309 Pee Wee King and his Golden West Cowboys - The Ghost and Honest Joe

1309 Pee Wee King and his Golden West Cowboys - The Ghost and Honest Joe
From: Pee Wee King and his Golden West Cowboys, Year: 1953
The other day I stumbled upon the title to this old song and was able to find a version of it on YouTube. I remember back when I was quite young my grandfather played this song to me, my siblings, and cousins; it was quite a lot of fun.
This track, which was written by Redd Stewart, who was the brother of the band's vocalist, tells the tale of an encounter with a ghost a man named Honest Joe has; it is mostly Bluegrass with some Gypsy Jazz thrown in. I really liked Grandpa's rendition when he changed the final line in the song to: "My head told me to stand back there, but my feet told me to run."

Hear The Ghost and Honest Joe on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jerry Reed - Amos Moses

My song pick two years ago today: Santana - All The Love In The Universe

My song pick three years ago today: The Who - My Generation

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn