1507 Van Morrison - Wavelength

1507 Van Morrison - Wavelength
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WhYQtnN5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Wavelength, Year: 1978
Genre: Rock

Off and on over the last few days or so I've had this song on my mind. I decided to check and see if it was available for view on YouTube and sure enough it was! A few years back Van Morrison and his record company were extremely draconian about having his music on YouTube; they even took it as far as making them take down live covers of his songs performed by amateur bands. That is the reason I haven't chosen very many of his songs; I hate picking a song without having a YouTube video to go along with it.
Anyway, I like the way this song was written and arranged; I absolutely love the build at the beginning. This one contains quite a bit more synth than much of his other material, but still just as excellent as his others.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '80 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean?

My song pick two years ago today: The Who - The Ox

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Cygnus X-1

My song pick four years ago today: Joni Mitchell - Amelia

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade