1517 Miles Davis - Freedom Jazz Dance

1517 Miles Davis - Freedom Jazz Dance
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PytXC88IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Miles Smiles, Year: 1967
Genre: Jazz/Post Bop

The other day I happened upon the sheet music to this song packed away in my guitar case amongst my other sheet music. I have no idea where it came from, but it truly has been a joy learning it.
This song was originally written by Eddie Harris, but Miles Davis' version is one of the most well known. On this album he was backed by: Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, and Tony Williams. It's always fun reading the musicians list on his albums; it's like reading the who's who of Jazz music at the time of its release.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Boston - More Than a Feeling

My song pick two years ago today: David Bowie - Suffragette City

My song pick three years ago today: Slade - Mama Weer All Crazee Now

My song pick four years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Prologue/Twilight

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn