1536 Dick Dale - Riders In the Sky

1536 Dick Dale - Riders In the Sky
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BfaU4abbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: King of the Surf Guitar, Year: 1963
Genre: Surf Rock/Rock

Happy Halloween!
I hadn't put a lot of thought into an appropriate pick for today, but I thought that this often covered track would be excellent for the day. There are a myriad of versions of this song out there, but this rather nice instrumental version by surf guitar maestro Dick Dale seemed to fit my mood the best.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '07 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Andrew Gold - Spooky, Scary Skeletons

My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Mein Teil

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Witch Hunt

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Witches Promise

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)