1535 Queensrÿche - Della Brown

1535 Queensrÿche - Della Brown
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41a6AIzyNcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Empire, Year: 1990
Genre: Progressive Metal

I happened to hear this song whilst on the road this evening; I figured that I would make it my pick on this Sunday.
Ever since I first heard this album I've loved the seamless change between Jet City Woman and it as well as the change between it and Another Rainy Night. From what I've read this was actually intentional to create a mini concept inside the album consisting of the three songs, all of which I like. Whoa, a Progressive Metal band sneaking in a concept on one of their most mainstream albums.
Anyway, this is a real nice mellow mood song; I absolutely love Eddie Jackson's slap bass intro, which carries the mood along throughout.

Hear Della Brown on YouTube.
Here is an unplugged live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Van Halen - Unchained

My song pick two years ago today: Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money

My song pick three years ago today: Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes

My song pick four years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 565 - Toccata and Fugue in D-Minor

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade