1511 Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone

1511 Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61pJZBaeFaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Top Gun Soundtrack, Year: 1986
Genre: Hard Rock/Rock

As many have probably already know Apple founder Steve Jobs succumbed to the cancer he has been fighting for the last few years; my thoughts and prayers go our to his friends and family. Even if you disliked him and/or the company he founded you will have to admit that the man massively affected the course technology has taken in the past 30+ years and we'll surely be feeling his influence for many years to come.
Anyway, ever since I heard the news yesterday I couldn't help but have this song in particular running through my mind. A few years ago when I was working on my bachelors degree I bought my first Apple computer and I happened to catch a deal where I got a free iPod with its purchase; they were still fairly new devices at the time. The first CD I happened to put on it was my wife's Top Gun Soundtrack with this iconic '80 guitar rock anthem being the first song ripped from it. I couldn't think of a better song for today's pick.

Here is a video with the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Moontrekkers - Night of the Vampire

My song pick two years ago today: Maddy Prior - Cold Flame

My song pick three years ago today: Savatage - Follow Me

My song pick four years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Sledgehammer

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade