1640 The Beatles - In My Life

1640 The Beatles - In My Life
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FDcTdBBFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Rubber Soul, Year: 1965
Genre: Pop/Rock

I thought for sure that I had chosen this, one of my favourite tracks from the band sometime in the past, but apparently not.
Even though it is crammed into a radio-friendly 2 and a half minutes, it contains just as many interesting musical ideas as some song twice or three times its length. I guess it's kind of what I've heard referred to as a "transistor glamour," i.e. something that contains everything that's needed, but is contained in a small, compact package.
Anyway, although I like the entire piece, my favourite part has to be the sped-up piano solo that was intentionally written to sound in the style of J.S. Bach.

Hear In My Life on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Fairport Convention - She Moves Through the Fair

My song pick two years ago today: Uriah Heep - Gypsy

My song pick three years ago today: T-Rex - Bang a Gong (Get it On)

My song pick four years ago today: Savatage - Devastation

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn