1651 Queensrÿche - Jet City Woman

1651 Queensrÿche - Jet City Woman
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41a6AIzyNcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Empire, Year: 1990
Genre: Progressive Metal

I notice that these weekend picks seem to always be later in the day; I should try getting them in sooner.
Anyway, I was messing around with this song today on my bass; I hadn't played it in ages, so it was fun getting re-acquainted with it again. Even though this is one of their more mainstream offerings, it still is an awesome record and song.
I think I've said it before in other posts, but Empire was one of the first albums I'd bought on the Compact Disc format. This song in particular is an incredible driving song; I remember driving to Empire a lot in my Datsun Z, which also coincidentally was the first car I owned equipped with a CD player. At times if I wasn't paying attention my foot got heaver when this track came on; there were some times when I ended up doing well over 100 while it was playing. Now that brings back some fun memories!

Watch the music video on YouTube.
Here is an excellent live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Frank Zappa - Mudd Club

My song pick two years ago today: U2 - I Will Follow

My song pick three years ago today: The Delgados - Keep On Breathing

My song pick four years ago today: Yoko Kanno (The Seat Belts) - Tank!

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade