1654 Rush - Closer to the Heart

1654 Rush - Closer to the Heart
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5114k9dEO0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: A Farewell to Kings, Year: 1977
Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock

Having a rather busy day today, so I thought I would just, as my aunt would say, 'homer out' and make an easy pick from one of my top favourite bands.
I suppose you could say that this was the main hit off of A Farewell to Kings, which was Rush's follow up to their epic 2112. Another song with a great mix of light acoustic, electronic, and heavy guitar music; a true delight to the ear.
I remember back when I was in college one of my music teachers had me pick and critique songs as part of the curriculum; this was the first song that I did.

Watch the music video on YouTube.
Watch the live performance from Exit... Stage Left on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Johannes Brahms - Op. #45 - (A German Requiem, To Words of the Holy Scriptures)

My song pick two years ago today: Heart - Love Alive

My song pick three years ago today: Gregg Allman - I'm No Angel

My song pick four years ago today: Yes - Long Distance Runaround/The Fish (schindleria praematurus)

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)