1659 The Doobie Brothers - It Keeps You Runnin'

1659 The Doobie Brothers - It Keeps You Runnin'
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51j1oficcfL._AA300_.jpg
From: Takin' it to the Streets, Year: 1976
Genre: Rock

I've been wanting to pick this song for a long time now, but every time I was intending on picking it there wasn't a YouTube video available. The other day I happened to check once again and low and behold someone had put it up on YouTube.
Takin' it to the Streets was a .5¢ 8-Track cassette that I bought in a box full of tapes. This song in particular was a surprise for me when it came on the first time. The synth opening immediately will give you the feeling that you're playing an old school 8-bit video game; it sounds very similar to the music one would hear playing in the background. It doesn't take long for the rest of the band to kick in, however, the funky groove of the electronic music remains as the song's backbone all of the way through.

Hear It Keeps You Runnin' on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steeleye Span - The Mooncoin Jig

My song pick two years ago today: Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad

My song pick three years ago today: Jerry Reed - Lightning Rod

My song pick four years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Changes

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn